Tuesday, May 10, 2011

d.i.y daddio!

So, I've never really talked about my dad or anything. i love my dad, don't get me wrong, we just don't talk a lot. being 1,000 miles away and both being very busy people(both with work & other items of interest) it just gets away from us.
he uploaded these pictures on Facebook yesterday. the first picture was taken by me in the summer of 2009 and of course, the other pictures were taken yesterday.

daddys boat

He did most of it by himself, and the stuff that he didn't do, he contracted local businesses to help him with it. I'm very proud of him for not going "corporate" or anything. despite him & i having VERY different political interests, he always helps out the "little man", whether it be by letting the local mechanic work on his car, do oil changes, instead of Wal-Mart or somewhere like that, where yeah it might be cheaper, but where does that money go? why is it cheaper? Local economy is very important to me(As it should be for everyone) and I'm glad that I can say that my dad supports his local economy. he's a corporate hoo ha and you don't always find that supporting local economy.
Any way, I love my Daddio and that's that. We've been through a lot as a family and I know that I can always rely on him when I need someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment