Monday, May 23, 2011

bread again

Yesterday when I mentioned the edits I'd make to the bread recipe that next time I made it, I didn't mention that I would half the dough in it's raw shape. Which is what I did today and it turned out perfect. We used some for garlic bread for dinner and I am certain that I will be using some for my sandwich for lunch at work tomorrow.

With halving the loaf, I only let it rise 30 minutes instead of the full 60, and baked it about the same amount of time.
no doughy middle!

It's a pretty simple recipe that I'm sure could have a million add ons into it. I'm thinking of adding some homegrown herbs to it the next time I make a batch, and maybe making a larger batch and being able to make a few raw doughs and keeping them until we need bread again.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I read all the entries in only a few hours. You inspire me to add more creativity and imagination in my life. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!!! how gnarly !!!!
    both of those things are a MUST in any life! imagination is key!

    <3 <3 <3 glad i could help

    ReplyDelete