Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dinner Slump

For the past few weeks, I've been in a real dinner slump. We'd just eat sandwiches, frozen pizzas or simple spaghetti. I didn't feel like coming home and really doing much of anything.
Tonight for some reason, I felt like we deserved a big yummy meal. I made fried potatoes, drop biscuits, gravy and sausages. It was super yummy downed with some Sunny D and a movie!

The biscuits turned out really good. I was super proud of myself! I made the mistake of buying cheap gravy powder. While it turned out pretty decent with a nice sausagey taste, I didn't like the color or texture of it much. Some things are better if you spend a few more cents on them!
home made drop biscuits

I was also pretty stoked when the house was cold(when it got in the 90s today. Guuuuuh!) so I was cold and put on some pantie hose and my warm boots with my sleep shirt. I was excited to cook dinner in warm clothing, but with an oven on at 450F and 2 stove top burners going, it got warm quick.
dinner in pajamas

I'm slowly but surely getting through Grassroots by Jennifer Baumgardner and Amy Richards. It's pretty enlightening/inspiring. I'd like to get Girl Power: The Nineties Revolution in Music soon. Something is pulling at my heart strings for me to get Weetzie Bat but I haven't totally decided yet!
Powell's website is a really great service. I ordered Josh's birthday gift, Failure by Philip Schultz there a few weeks ago and received it pretty promptly. Xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment