Saturday, February 12, 2011

I was honestly a little perturbed when I saw the dreaded "Saturday: 6-12" last week on the schedule right next to my name. It's not that I don't enjoy opening, i sometimes do, it's just that dreaded cold and waking up at 5:15 in the morning and being at the store an hour before anyone decides they need donuts or beer. I still got up this morning, put on my clothes, grabbed my coffee and went and opened the front end of the store. I swept, I cleaned, etc etc. I sat in a motorized wheel chair because I felt dizzy. I didn't sleep well last night.
I was planning what I was going to get from the deli for breakfast -a donut or a biscuit with some strawberry jam- when the 8 o'clock shifter came in. At 7:55, one of my regular customers came up with a couple dozen donuts and a bag of stuff he bought from the deli. Getting ready to check him out, hitting my break key, preparing a bag, he told me to take the donut in the wax paper off of the top of the box. "Are you serious?!" I exclaimed pretty loudly, and he looked at me and said "do I ever joke?" and I laughed, took the donut and thanked him. He bought me a donut a few months ago and I guess he really understands my love of donuts. That little gesture got me through the rest of my shift. I don't think he knew how bad I needed that gesture to regain my composure and make the best of the remainder of my day, but it worked. I wasn't in a bad mood, I wasn't sad..I just didn't want to be at work. I wanted to be curled up in bed with Josh, Lulu and Olive Oyl, basking in the sun coming through the window.

and for some pictures that make me feel happy

bliss in a teacup

finds of the week

DSC_2672

snooze

star road

petite ourse

& some links of course
diy glitter nail polish ,a cute post from Ice Cream and Pizza on Valentines, awesome tea timer, 66 things you can grow inside

No comments:

Post a Comment